11.25.2010

" Line Of Beauty" - Rene Gruau

This is the first time that i'm posting my look, so its pretty unusual for me. What a late post, i got a lot project going on now. i'll be posting about it soon, so this post is about my next exhibition that i visit. Its pretty interesting, all about Gruau Master Piece.

This is some picture that we took on our way to Somerset House.

i love my glasses, its from Tom Ford colllection for S/S 2011










My best lady from Stillettonizer! Love the candid pose, i took a lot of her candid pics.


The house’s current designer designed a special dress in homage to Gruau that’s included in the exhibition. Also on view are more than 40 vintage perfume bottles, original sketches, magazine covers, and posters from the Italian artist’s 1940’s-to-1960’s prime




                                             Pictures of Christian Dior And Rene Gruau.

 



As John Galliano says: " To be inspired by Dior is to be inspired by Rene Gruau. His sketches capture the silhouette and spirit of Dior and a new era of fashion and feminity. His illustrations are timeless, ever youthful, ever faithfull to the moment he saw; they capture the energy, the shophistication and daring of Dior and equally are tokern of an enduring friendship"

VIP'S 


Chloe Moretz

Daisy Loewe

Leaning woman by Jasper Goodal
Inspired by Gruau's use of bold shapes, striking composition, silhouette and negative space. It has this modern and contemporary feeling.



Few illustrations that catch my eyes...

Diorama 1955, Dior second parfume, Depicted Neo louis XVI chair with elegant woman gloves and scarf.

Flower Woman, Diorrissimo 1956



Miss Dior, Circa 1960
This is the time when photography fashion are rising, declining the use of fashion illustration. Gruau Respond to it was with daring compositions and break the classic illustrations. Captures the spirit of age.


This is the one that i love the most ; Diorling, it use water colour,gouache and ink. The initial for Diorling illustration breaks here, i mean for the Gruau style. He adapt the fashion that abandoned structure.Painted loose garment.


This limited edition Dior compact features an iconic René Gruau printed on the eye shadow make-up pad. Each compact was hand made and will each featured unique colour combinations. 






                                                                  

4 comments:

  1. isn't that D&G bag you are carrying? I love it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely blog <3

    http://christianbelvin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, awesome weblog structure! How long have you been running a
    blog for? you make running a blog look easy.
    The whole glance of your website is great, as smartly as the content
    material!

    Visit my page: NFL Cheap Jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by accident, while
    I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and
    would just like to say kudos for a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don't have time to look over it all at the moment but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails